Dieter Scholtz Bursary
D.F. Malherbe has annually shown that we achieve at the highest academic level.
Academic excellence is the priority of management, dedicated educators and our community at large.
All learners from previously disadvantaged communities who want to be educated throught the medium of Afrikaans can form part of this vision.
Our future as the top academic school in Port Elizabeth and the whole of the Eastern Cape is closely linked with a steady growth in numbers. To achieve this we appeal to you for help in ensuring the future of our children and their children.
WHO CAN GET INVOLVED?:
Any person, company or organization who can associate themselves with the above mentioned ideals and vision.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?:
You can adopt a learner from the disadvantaged community by being responsible for his/her school fees from grade 8 to 12. You will not be liable for uniforms, stationary and books.
WHAT DO YOU STAND TO GAIN?:
1. You will be issued with a receipt for tax purposes
2. You will be kept informed through circulars sent out to “parents” as well as results in the form of reportcards
3. It is envisioned that a function will be held where learners, parents and “adoptive” parents can meet and socialize.
WHO SELECTS PROSPECTIVE LEARNERS AND WHICH LEARNERS WILL BE CONSIDERED?:
1. The school marketing officer will be responsible for identifying prospective beneficiaries
2. The following will be taken into consideration:
– Academic record
– Leadership ability
– Involvement in sport and/or cultural activities
– Learners with moral values and general attitude similar to those of existing learners and the people who made this the successful institution it currently is.
Mr. A. van Wyk (Principal) – 041 581 3145 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs P. Vosloo (Deputy Principal) – 041 581 3145 – email@example.com
Mr. D. van Staden (Sport / Marketing) – 041 581 3145 – firstname.lastname@example.org